Essential oils can balance, cleanse and renew your skin. It’s very important to check the quality of the essential oil brand you are using. Even if the label says 100% pure essential oil, unfortunately it doesn’t mean anything. Companies mix synthetic chemicals and other ingredients in them. There is no real regulation in the industry, other than what the companies do themselves. (I have a vlog about this)
You can improve the health of your skin tissue with good quality essential oils especially in your face and hands. You should dilute always your essential oils (except lavender and tea tree oil you can use directly in special circumstances) with jojoba, coconut or some other vegetable oil or with basic lotion without sent in it.
Here are tips for using essential oils for skin care:
- Eucalyptus: Cooling and antiseptic, you can use for example for spots and boils.
- Geranium: Contracting and balancing, cleans and firms the skin. Reduces inflammation and treats acne, eczema and little cuts.
- Juniper berry: Contracting and cleansing, can help with acne, eczema and oily skin. Don’t use while pregnant.
- Lavender: Antiseptic and stops inflammation. It can reduce eczema, sun burn and mosquito bites. It can relieve mild burns in the skin. Lavender also increases cell growth and healing, so it can help with scars.
- Roman chamomile: Calming and antiseptic, it’s good for sensitive and dry skin, relieves acne and eczema.
- Sandal wood: Softens dry, ageing and wrinkly skin, it also can relieve sun burn, nettle-rash and other irritation in the skin.
- Tea tree: Antiseptic and stops inflammation and fungus, it’s good for boils and skin rashes and other inflammation in the skin.
Go and like the blog’s Face Book page and you will receive articles, vlogs and recipes about essential oils
Do you want to try essential oils?