I think it’s safe to say: Fall is here in Turku. We have colder mornings and evenings. Fall leaves are not yet yellow. Nor the overwhelming work with the rake yet here.
Here are some tips for using essential oils in fall time:
Couple of drops of f.e eucalyptus, peppermint, doTerra’s Onguard blend (it has wild orange peel, clover and cinnamon bark). I need a pick me up, when I am having a cold. I love doTerra’s Motivate oil blend. It has clementine, peppermint and coriander. It’s my favorite even without a cold right now.
Light and joy to the tired ones
During the dark nights of winter, rosmary and pine tree smells reliese noradrealin, which can help for tiredness. You can add couple of drops of them diluted on to your skin or into your diffuser.
Waiting for Christmas
Two drops of cardamom mixed to your skin lotion, helps to get your liquids moving. Cardamom also has warming sensation, that feels wonderful in your cold feet. Cardamom can be mixed to cinnamon bark during Christmas or to some citrus, if you want a pick me up.
Go and like blog’s Face Book page and you will receive articles, vlogs and recipes about essential oils
Find me from instagram
My vlogs about essential oils
Do you want to try essential oils?
Do you want to buy essential oils?
Why doTerra’s essential oils?
Poor blood circulation in feet and hands can take some joy out of exercising outside in the winter. With essential oils you can relieve symptoms. The reason why some people get cold hands and feet is because they don’t get enough warmness, oxygen and nutrients in their blood. It can be caused by an illness, but most often it’s pretty harmless. Put more clothes on especially if you are a smoker, tired or restless.
Essential oils that help with coldness
- 2 drops of rosemary and black pepper oil mixed together with two table-spoons of warm almond or olive oil
- 4 drops of ginger oil mixed together with two table-spoons of warm almond or olive oil
- 2 drops of doTerra’s Onguard oil blend that has ginger, clove, wild orange and cinnamon in it mixed together with one table-spoon of olive or almond oil. This also works well if you think you might be getting a cold.
Rub the mixture in your arms, feet and calfs. Massage it more powerfully when you go upwards and lighter when you go downwards.
Like the blog’s Face Book page and you’ll receive recipes, vlogs and articles about essential oils
My videos about essential oils
Do you want to try lemon, lavender and peppermint oils?
Do you want to buy oils?
How many of us suffer from pollen allergy? Quite many! I had no idea what pollen allergy even was few years back until it started getting worse and worse . Sometimes I’ll get an easier year with the rains. Who gets tired with allergy meds? Probably quite many, especially if you are expected to eat those every day with the bad season. Essential oils have good options for pollen allergy. One of them even increases energy!
- Peppermint Diffused peppermint opens clogged nose and helps with throat. Peppermint helps with allergies, colds, cuffs and asthma (be careful with kids with asthma). You can take two drops of doTerra’s peppermint oil internally couple of times a day (I mix mine with a drink of smoothie, some people put it under their tongue).
- Basil helps with body’s inflammation. I have been happy with basil oil fighting pollen allergy with my small son lately. I’ll put a drop to coconut oil and onto his spine couple of times a day. I’ll put two drops for myself. Basil supports adrenal glands, that produce 50 different hormones in our body. Basil supports our bodies against viruses and bacteria while helping with inflammation and fatigue.
- Eucalyptus helps to open lungs and airways. Eucalyptus activates blood stream and therefore helps with allergy symptoms. Eucalyptus reduces inflammation and detoxes body from toxins and bad micro organisms that work as allergens. You can diffuse eucalyptus or put two drops to carrier oil and put it on to your body. Don’t use internally!
- Lemon supports lymphatic system and therefore helps with colds. Lemon kills bacteria from air, which is good if somebody in the family has caught a cold. The research shows that lemon oil reduces bacteria growth and supports immune system. It also helps balance body’s pH level. I drink hot lemon water everyday first thing in the morning. Lemon oil supports liver and helps detoxify body’s toxins. You can diffuse lemon oil, add two drops to your drink or add two drops to a carrier oil and put it onto your body. If you put it onto your skin, be careful with the sun!
- Tea tree oil helps purify air from germs. Diffusing tea tree oil, it will kill bacteria and mole. Tea tree oil is antiseptic (works well with cuts and mosquito bites) and reduces inflammation. doTerra’s tea tree oil (Melaleuca) can also be internally consumed (two drops to a drink or under your tongue)
Do you want to buy essential oils?
Do you want to test the three basic oils?