How many of us suffer from pollen allergy? Quite many! I had no idea what pollen allergy even was few years back until it started getting worse and worse . Sometimes I’ll get an easier year with the rains. Who gets tired with allergy meds? Probably quite many, especially if you are expected to eat those every day with the bad season. Essential oils have good options for pollen allergy. One of them even increases energy!
- Peppermint Diffused peppermint opens clogged nose and helps with throat. Peppermint helps with allergies, colds, cuffs and asthma (be careful with kids with asthma). You can take two drops of doTerra’s peppermint oil internally couple of times a day (I mix mine with a drink of smoothie, some people put it under their tongue).
- Basil helps with body’s inflammation. I have been happy with basil oil fighting pollen allergy with my small son lately. I’ll put a drop to coconut oil and onto his spine couple of times a day. I’ll put two drops for myself. Basil supports adrenal glands, that produce 50 different hormones in our body. Basil supports our bodies against viruses and bacteria while helping with inflammation and fatigue.
- Eucalyptus helps to open lungs and airways. Eucalyptus activates blood stream and therefore helps with allergy symptoms. Eucalyptus reduces inflammation and detoxes body from toxins and bad micro organisms that work as allergens. You can diffuse eucalyptus or put two drops to carrier oil and put it on to your body. Don’t use internally!
- Lemon supports lymphatic system and therefore helps with colds. Lemon kills bacteria from air, which is good if somebody in the family has caught a cold. The research shows that lemon oil reduces bacteria growth and supports immune system. It also helps balance body’s pH level. I drink hot lemon water everyday first thing in the morning. Lemon oil supports liver and helps detoxify body’s toxins. You can diffuse lemon oil, add two drops to your drink or add two drops to a carrier oil and put it onto your body. If you put it onto your skin, be careful with the sun!
- Tea tree oil helps purify air from germs. Diffusing tea tree oil, it will kill bacteria and mole. Tea tree oil is antiseptic (works well with cuts and mosquito bites) and reduces inflammation. doTerra’s tea tree oil (Melaleuca) can also be internally consumed (two drops to a drink or under your tongue)
Do you want to buy essential oils?